Sign in to follow this  
riveray

Shifting Navigation Bar and Content Up With CSS

riveray

A few hours ago I got excellent help in working out a solution on using CSS to position the navigation bar further up the page using this code: #primary-nav{margin-top:38px;} All I needed to do was change the px until the menu was just right. However, when I used the Global Options to upload a custom logo issues developed. The logo displays perfectly. However, it caused the menu to shift downward and using the "primary-nav" fix doesn't change things. If you look at the site you'll see the problem (https://sbtrails.org/). I would like to move the menubar up until it is beneath the custom logo and touching the header image. Appreciate very much any help.

riveray

Thanks First suggestion which was to eliminate the padding for the bottom branding got the menu to move up to about 10 pixels below the image -- #branding .content-pad{ padding: 25px 0px 0px 0px; }. Using the code below moved the menu bar to about 10 pixels above the bottom of the picture -- #branding .content-pad, #branding .branding_wrap { padding-bottom: 0; margin-bottom: 0; } Tried adjusting the numbers but didn't get the menu to move up or down after that at all. Ideas on how to make those last changes to the pixels work?? https://sbtrails.org/ PS--note the menu displays above the branding logo. Quick fix to get it to display under the logo?? Ray

ricardo

Ray, For me the menu is displaying under the mountains image. I think you probably messed up the code. Maybe it would be better to remove all these changes you put in to the nav and start from there. Ricardo