Sign in to follow this  
artogami

footer

artogami

is there anyway we can make a footer that goes all the way across the screen in one color and make all the content sit in that footer like example site http://www.designers-who-blog.com/ I like that style of footer and was wondering how to achieve it with this theme. I have another site I am going to be putting together using this theme and i am going a total new direction and feel.

Andrew

this is a little tricky... could involve some custom coding. e.g. to get this to work you need two 'div' elements... for everything on the page... so for example... `

mattprados

How do I edit the Visit our friends! box in the footer with links and anchor text that I want?

Andrew

well they are widgetized meaning you can use your own widgets... or you can edit the text in "footer.php"

cmunns

Try adding a widget to the "footer middle" module

artogami

thank you for your reply arpowers. I asked for the next project i mentioned, I am working on which is at www.mackvisual.com where would I put those divs in the css? like I said I am not a coder. i have to do alot of looking and trying what I see. is it easy as adding those elements(divs). will it screw up how the theme works?

Andrew

its not that easy.. You'll also need to add some styling, etc.. Plus there are multiple places to add code.

artogami

I see that the footer on the forum is what i want. the black. you must of read my mind. you have the three theme icons with links. now what if I wanted to populate that area with favorites and friends. so the footer would grow as the list got longer. I think the solid bottom looks very clean.

cmunns

Unfortunately this can be tricky if you are not familiar with coding. Someone who is familiar with html and css could probably do it pretty quickly. Currently the entire page is wrapped in a div called `#wrapper` which controls the width of the content. You'll find that if you delete this style, ALL of your content will stretch across the entire screen. So to accomplish what you want you need to assign a width to a number of elements, add more wrapper containers and re-center anything that might have been thrown off.

russellprisco

Can this be done without coding in platform pro? Thanks, Russell =)

cmunns

If you use Platform you can activate the "Simple FOoter Nav" section to get this.