Sign in to follow this  
psychandtheother

Comment box not appearing on a static post page

psychandtheother
http://www.psychologyandtheother.com/ This my website and I am have set the main page to keep one post and I put two different posts under the discussion board static page. I have checked allow comments in the specific page and in the wordpress settings under discussion. I see no limiting boxes that I have checked, yet I do not have a comment box appearing under these posts on the static Discussion page. Is this a css coding issue? I think I've tried just about everything. I am currently using pagelines platform pro. Any help would be great!

catrina

Go to Settings > Template Setup > Single Post Content Area and drag the Comment Form box from the right section to the left section if it isn't there already. This will enable the comment box.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

psychandtheother

Dear Catrina, Unfortunately that is done as well

kastelic

What you've got there are the excerpts of those posts which do not show comment boxes. If you click on the post title you go to the 'single post page' which is where commenting is done.

psychandtheother

Hmm I thought so Is there anyway to get a comment box on those pages? Cause the main Page is set as the post page.

catrina

Since you've set your static page is set to show posts (not a single post), the comment box by default won't show. If you were to use a single default page as a static page and enabled the comment box there, it would work.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse