Sign in to follow this  
sternouf

Neighborhood Community Website

sternouf

Hello, I use pagelines at work where the blog dialogue is mostly one way. I was curious about using Pagelines as a neighborhood community website where people could browse to a category and add a post about real estate, a garage sale, etc. In trying to do this, I'm realizing that this may be a square peg round hole issue. Can Pagelines/Wordress be used in this format where visitors who are passing by have the ability to leave a new post? Right now, the only way I can get a new category to show is if I populate it with a random post, and there is no where in there for anyone aside me to create a new post. I really want this to be easy to use and was hoping to not have to create accounts for 100 people, but maybe just moderate the posts in case someone posts something ugly. If anyone has any feedback or direction for me, that would be great. I'm novice at this at best, but I can make my way through the material slowly but surely. Thanks, Steve

kastelic

Go to Add user and you see that you can add all sorts of users. One type is "contributer" which is what I think you are looking for. You could just have people sign up with a contact form and you could create them as users and an email will be sent to them with their user name and password.