Sign in to follow this  
cabrajorge

small but important Child theme questions

cabrajorge

Hi, I have been using Platform Pro for two months now and I am very satisfied with it. All I have done is using the settings panel, but now I now want to put my own CSS and customize a little some hooks. this is my website: www.tucopiloto.com I don??t understand is the way to use Base Pro. What I understand is that all CSS changes I should do it to Base to the base.css file, so that when I update all my customization will remain. But, if I have activated Base, how can I update Platform Pro and what happens to Base Pro. I will like just a little steps to follow for the customization phase. thank you very much.

timlinson
But, if I have activated Base, how can I update Platform Pro and what happens to Base Pro.
You update Pro just as you normally would. Nothing happens to Base, just keep it activated. WordPress does all of the work for you.. your base theme uses the core theme automatically. This is just a feature of WP itself.. I explained a little more here: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic/8746#post-48493

cabrajorge

thank you Tim To recapitulate: I have installed Platform Pro, did all the customization using the platform settings. Now I want to do some CSS customization, so I install Base Pro and activate it. Once Base is Active I do all my CSS modifications in Base. For the next update I only update Platform Pro and keep the actual Base Pro theme intact. If this is it pleas let me know and I won't bother you any more for at least this weekend. thank you very much