Sign in to follow this  
kowski

Problem with gallery and topic picture

kowski

if i insert a gallery to a post the picture i use as the topic picture is always part of the gallery can this be undone ?

catrina

Yes, it can be. You can exclude that image in the gallery by viewing HTML editor mode (in the post) and adding this inside the gallery shortcode:

exclude="21"

Replace the number 21 with the number ID for the image you want to exclude. To find that image's ID, click on that that image, click on the picture frame thumbnail at the top left corner, and you can grab the ID number from Advanced Settings > CSS Class (it's the last number that appears).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

kowski

thanks a lot but I really can't seem to find the image id.

catrina

Is there a link you can post to the entry with the gallery you're trying to adjust?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

catrina

Okay, I didn't know the gallery you're using is the Fancybox gallery rather than the default WP post gallery. I've searched for a solution for excluding thumbnails for that plugin, but I can't find any. However, I did find an alternative gallery that allows you to remove thumbnails easily: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/cleaner-gallery/ It can also work with the Fancybox script so that you can still get the gallery effect you want.

Designer | Catrina Dulay