Sign in to follow this  
artogami

more than one set of feature images

artogami

I was wondering if we can by chance make up a new set of 3 to 6 feature images for the feature top action. Why I ask is cause i would like to showcase different work on different pages. like photography page using it's own feature header. and logos using its own set of feature images. Also can you make it show more than 6 total? www.artogami.com

jnoh

as the themes are now, it is not easy to set up multi feature-page functionality. :( you'll have to modify quite a bit of the theme framework.

Jackey

@artogami Do you want to rotate those 3-6 images? Maybe the feature page is an option. There are easy ways to rotate images in the media container of the feature pages. demo It is also possible to overlay text on those images.

Jackey

@artogami Sorry, but I meant to use the highlight page for that. So it should read: Do you want to rotate those 3-6 images? Maybe the highlight page is an option. There are easy ways to rotate images in the media container of the highlight pages. demo It is also possible to overlay text on those images.

artogami

I have 6 images rotating on one highlight page. but I was wondering if there was a way to use a different set of 6 images for a different set for a different page. i guess i would have to create a flash file to insert into that place instead an image. kinda like the example at the top of the full page demo.

Andrew

Jackey has a good technique for using the NextGen gallery plugin for this...

Jackey

@artogami To use the highlight page for this you can follow the instructions in this thread: After you made the highlight page shortcode-savvy, you can use NexGen Gallery to create a slideshow (flash) and insert it with the shortcode in the highlight page. If you don't want to use NextGen Gallery (or flash), you can use "Rotating Images" from pluginbuddy.com (not free) that plugin will give you smooth transitions plus the ability to overlay text. Both plugins offer support for managing (grouping/uploading) images. These plugins are just examples I have had good results with, but I'm sure there are more out there.