Sign in to follow this  
getneeks

inset image next to Feature Slider

getneeks

Hello I am really struggling and was wondering if someone could help... I have made my feature slider smaller and would like to put a getresponse box next to it. I am currently building the site on my test page. http://test.pagelines.com/getneeks/ I have the html code however I am unsure how to the box to the right of the feature slider. Any advice anyone can offer would be much appreciated. Thank you Monique

catrina

You can add a custom hook that will place that box next to the feature slider. If you're not familiar with hooks, refer to this tutorial to get started: http://www.pagelines.com/docs/base-child-theme If you get confused, let us know.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

getneeks

Thank you for getting back to me. I am very new to code and using firebug for many of my changes. I watched the video however still unsure?

cmunns

Use the sample hook already inside of -Base functions.php file...use `pagelines_inside_top_feature` instead of `pagelines_before_branding_icons` which is currently there. Inside of the function just underneath the add_action line use the get_response code that you are trying to add. You will still have to play with the CSS to get it right but this is a start.

getneeks

Hi all I have tried what you suggested but still unsure what code to use and where I need to add the CSS? Thank you Monique

Kate

Hi Monique, The PHP code you need is referred to in Adam's post. Also, as he mentioned, it can be found in functions.php inside of platformbase. The CSS can be added one of two places: Settings->Custom Code->Custom CSS. Or, platformbase/base.css.