Sign in to follow this  
menacek04

Category Page Template

menacek04

Hello- I am trying to make a page template that is able to the page template setup drag and drop system. I would like the page to show all the posts in one category using the magazine Post Layout. Thus far I have been unsuccessful in getting this to work. I have only been able to get the template name to be listed in the template dropdown on the page editor, but have not been able to get that to show the category's posts. I have also been unable to get the page template to be available in the Platform Pro Template Setup dropdown list so that it will work with the drag and drop features. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

timlinson

So I gather this is in reference to your post here: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic/8799#post-48339 Can you detail exactly what you've done? You may have accidentally skipped a step or misnamed something, etc. e.g. based on what you said here, it sounds like you didn't add the `pagelines_add_page` call to the base functions.php file:

I have also been unable to get the page template to be available in the Platform Pro Template Setup dropdown list

menacek04

Hello Tim- I was able to get past the issue of my new page template not being available in the Platform Pro Template Setup dropdown list for drag and drop functionality. I had an error in my syntax in the functions file that was causing the issue. Now that this is available, I only have one further item to get resolved. I would like the page to show all the posts in one category using the magazine Post Layout. Thus far I have been unable to get the page to display the posts of a specific category at all. Your assistance is much appreciated.

catrina
Thus far I have been unable to get the page to display the posts of a specific category at all.
Even when you view the post category link the posts just don't show at all?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

menacek04

Hello Catrina- Using the post category link the posts does show the posts for that category, but the pagination does not work for whatever reason. So I only get the first page of posts. The rest throw a 404. I am really baffled. :/