Sign in to follow this  
tfalkowski

Removing Facebook Like Box Border

tfalkowski

All - Any Ideas on How to get the annoying border around my Facebook Like Box in the footer of my website to go away? www.terra-trekking.com Thanks in advance, -Thomas

ricardo

Hi Thomas! Nice photos! Like specially the Joint Trail! Multiple exposures/HDR? Regarding the box, try:

.fbDarkWidget, .fbConnectWidgetTopmost {border: 0 !important;}

If memory serves, beware that FB considers that a violation of usage! Ricardo

tfalkowski

Ricardo- Thanks for the nice comments. Yes most of the photos here are multiple exposure HDR. I added the code snippet to the custom code section in the pagelines settings but it does not appear to have worked. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks, Thomas

ricardo

Sorry! I've done this before on my photoblog but apparently the fan box integration was different than yours. Apart from recommending you to try the plugin Simple Facebook Connect (the one I used on my photoblog), the only other option I see is to deconstruct the FB code to add a call to a a css file on your site, where you can add this and more changes. It's complicated and involves some coding. Not sure is worth the effort. Ricardo

tfalkowski

Ricardo - Thanks. That is a bummer it works perfectly except for those ugly borders. I guess I will keep digging.. Thanks Again, -Thomas

catrina

As far as I know, not being able to change the border has more to do with plugin itself so a simple CSS change wouldn't be the right solution.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse