Sign in to follow this  
Keith Vaugh

Drop down menu

Keith Vaugh

Is it possible to have a category appear in a drop down menu under the blog link? I've tired to achieve this with the Menu's option (have it functioning for pages in other instances) but have not had any luck. Thanks in advance.

Sourena

You can easily do that using the WordPress build-in menu:

alefba.us

Web Development & Design for Right-to-Left languages

Keith Vaugh

Thanks for the response and excellent link. That is exactly the process I have gone through, but can't get a drop down containing categories working on a the blog link what so ever. I have other page links that are working perfectly.

Keith Vaugh

Using Platform Pro.

timlinson

I just tried this, and it's working fine on my end. Everything is done in WP itself, except make sure PlatformPro > Settings > Header&Nav > Enable Dropdown Menu is selected. What exactly isn't working? It doesn't drop down? It drops down, but the links are wrong? etc.

Keith Vaugh

Thanks for trying Tim. I have the enabled the dropdown menu in the settings and have a number of drop downs directing to various pages already functioning correctly on the same site. What I have attempted is to create a menu in WP>add to it the Category I want. The Blog itself is a primary page. The only difference I can see between the ones I have working and this one is that there are pages pointing to the parent primary page. Hope this makes some sense. Appreciate the help.

catrina
there are pages pointing to the parent primary page.
Sorry, I don't think I'm understanding this correctly. Can you provide a more specific example?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Keith Vaugh

What I was meaning is that I have a parent page set up and sub pages for it. In this instance, the drop down menus are working. In the case of the Blog page, I have sub pages assigned, but a menu configured which only has categories in it. This does not appear as a drop down menu or when I select secondary navigation in the page set up, this does not appear either.

catrina

Ah, I see. It's difficult to find a solution without a live link, but we can keep this topic open until it can be posted.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse