Sign in to follow this  
remington

Different sidebars on different pages

remington

Hello! I'm building a website for a small seminary. They don't need much, so I picked Wordpress because it has such an easy setup and administration. This has brought up a slight problem: I don't use many of the blogging features (of which there are many), but I do need extra page and sidebar functionality (of which there is less). There will be various sections on the site: Admissions, Academics, and so on. Is there a way to display different sidebars within each of these sections? For example, in Academics I might like the sidebar to read Catalog, Programs, Professors.... And then in Admissions I'd like Tuition & Fees, Admissions Requirements, and so on. Right now I'm experimenting with using posts and categories, but that's not working too well. Any ideas? Here's the site, though it's in very rough shape right now: www.tyndaleseminary.info Thank you! Hannah

Andrew

sure, have you looked at the 'widget logic' plugin for changing up widgets?

remington

Thank you so much! This is exactly what I needed.

remington

One more question - unrelated - what's the difference between the main and secondary sidebars?

Andrew

no difference; just gives you more selection.. i.e. you can control which sidebar shows on different pages.