Sign in to follow this  
deandersson

PlatformPro Css problems

deandersson

I get a message but I do not understand what to do. (I'm a beginner not a programmer - but make designs) I can't find the file /pagelines/dynamic.css Her is the message: "Dynamic CSS File Not Writable Your dynamic CSS file is not writable by the server. To fix just change the file permissions of your dynamic.css file to 666, and you'll be all set. After setting your file permissions, hit the save button so your dynamic CSS can be generated. The file is located here: /pagelines/dynamic.css" Where? How?

Kate

Hi Dorte, You'll find that folder on your server. You just have to access your control panel (or site directory if it's a local site) and change the permissions of dynamic.css to 666. If you're going through a hosting company, you could probably request that they help you with this.

deandersson

Thank you for your answer. But there is no dynamic.css file enywhere. I have search both local at my mac and at the server. Anyone knows where to get it?

cshoffmann

the dynamic.css file is generated by the changes you make in Pagelines Platform Pro>Settings. Specifically, if you are wanting to make custom css changes, they should be made in the PP>Settings>Custom Code>CSS rules section or better yet install the PlatformPro Base in addition to Platform Pro and then activate the base. Now, use the base.css file to make all your custom css rules. The base.css file is what is sounds like you need and should be looking for. there is not ever a reason to look for the specific dynamic.css file.

deandersson

Thank you Shaun Hoffmann. I dont need to change any css-document. It is WordPress 3.1.2 who ask for it.

cshoffmann

Here's how I control file permissions FYI: use a FTP software like Filezilla for PCs and on the directories (folders), not the individual files, right click and view properties and change the permission there. Here's a video explaining. You just need your Themes folder inside wp-content set to file permissions 755. http://screencast.com/t/sJwbDj4pP9

deandersson

Thank you again. I will try later. the time here in Denmark is 20.18

deandersson

The problem had noting to do with the theme Pageline, I think. The database itself had a problem. Everyting is fine now.