Sign in to follow this  
veronica

Dropdown Menu Padding

veronica

Hello, I posted a topic a few months ago regarding customizing a dropdown menu: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic/5201 and I also read this recent post here: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic/8129#post-44290 where I tried to use some of the css listed. I am still having problems adjusting the spacing between each li element in the dropdown menu. I have tried everything, and it just won't budge. I would like to have each box (where it says "survey worksheet", "paypal surveys", etc.) to be about half the height it currently is. menuspacing.jpg Any advice? Here is my current custom code. I am using the Eco Pro theme: #nav ul ul {width:166px !important;} #nav ul ul li { font-size:10px; padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px; text-decoration: none; border: 1px solid; border-color: #E1E1E1; border-bottom: none; width:166px; } #nav ul.dropdown li.menuhover ul li a, #nav ul.dropdown li ul li a, #nav ul.dropdown li.menuhover ul a:hover, #nav ul.dropdown li.current_page_item ul a:hover { padding: 2px 2px 2px 2px!important; }

timlinson

Without a site link, it's hard to tell how this interacts with your other rules, but this padding (originally 13px) is what fills out the li elements: `#nav ul.dropdown ul li span { padding:5px !important; }`

veronica

Hi Tim, thanks for your answer, but I tried using your bit of css and it didn't work. Is there a way I can send the url of my website privately somehow? I do not wish to post it here.

cmunns

For the exact CSS that they used I would try to contact them. It's too difficult for us in the forum here to guess at replicating that look.

veronica

Haven't received an email back from Catrina - anybody else have any suggestions?

catrina

Veronica, for some reason, I never received an e-mail from you (I double-checked). Did you try contacting the site about their navigation menu?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

veronica

Hi Catrina, I just emailed you again. I think you're referring to Alfonso's website question - my question does not refer to a particular site in question. I would just simply like the dropdown menu padding to be reduced.

Kate

Hi Veronica, For EcoPro, try this in your CSS:

#nav .children li span{padding:2px !important;}
Also, you may need to adjust the width of the list:
#nav .children{width:150px !important;}

veronica

Hi Kate, Thanks for your reply, but *sigh*, it didn't work. :(