Sign in to follow this  
jeomiland

Text shadow colors, need different in differnt places - HOW?

jeomiland

Hi guys I've got one for ya. Need to create a white navigation bar under the black footer area. Was able to do that with some custom CSS in the Custom Code setup section in PL. BUT--- there is still the drop shadow effect on the text for the menu I have showing up there. Using the Full Width Sidebar under 2 other footer items in the Site Footer Template Sections setup area. I tried adding CSS for color hoping that would do but that seems to be overridden by some other CSS that keeps the text drop shadow effect. Will someone enlighten me please? There has to be a simple way to specify CSS for these items (Yes I have Firebug installed and use that now to see what stuff to adjust. I added css for the Div ID of that area, didn't want to change a class that might screw up something elsewhere.) The PL settings allow you to select a text shadow color, but how to get rid of shadow in a lower white nav bar??? without screwing up text shadow elsewhere?

jeomiland

Thanks Adam Now how to change the color of the text in my white bottom nav bar to dark grey without changing color in the rest of the footer area??? Here's what I have: `

#fullwidth_sidebar {

background-color: #FFFFFF;

/*color: #333;*/

}

#cred {

display: none;

}

body #footer, body .fixed_width #footer {

text-shadow: none;

color: #333;

}

`

cmunns

John you got a link? Post here, and not the other thread.

catrina

I'm assuming that bottom nav bar you're talking about is the "Pages" column in the black footer. Am I correct? If not, let me know which one you're referring to.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jeomiland

Hi Catrina No, look at the white bar below the bottom black footer. You will see white text there whose color I am trying to change to a grey. Right now, the CSS cxhanges for color affect both the bottom white bar AND the text in the black footer. Take your mouse and click-drag through the white bottom bar area and you will highlight the white on white text in question. Thanks

jeomiland

Catrina The content of that white bar is the same content as in the Pages column in the black footer. The intent is to have a dark grey bottom nav bar with standard "terms of Service", etc links and then to have other stuff in the black footer area. Thanks John

timlinson

Oh, yea I didn't understand what this was about either until now. Try something like this: ` #list_fullwidth_sidebar ul li a, #list_fullwidth_sidebar .widget-pad h3 { color: gray; } `

jeomiland

Thanks Tim, that did it. I think it was the h3... Many thanks to all who took the time to review this. Cheers John