Sign in to follow this  
mrcbrown

Theme Migration - Carry Old Shortcodes

mrcbrown

I am currently using a theme from Elegant Themes and have used it for a while and am wanting to migrate to Pagelines like I have with other sites - my question is there anyway to easily take ET's Shortcodes (which are in many posts) and migrate them over for use in Pagelines? or am I out of luck? Any suggestions/ideas are appreciated! -CB

Chuck Brown

cmunns

You can probably use them...typically shortcode functions are in the theme functions file and can be copied to the -Base functions.php file unless they have them reliant on other theme data.

mrcbrown

Adam - Thanks! It sent me in the right direction - if anyone is every migrating from Elegant Themes to Pagelines, just drop the epanel shortcodes folder (which I found linked in the functions.php) in your platformpro folder and link the shortcodes php in like it is in the ET functions file and your good to go! Got it working and now finishing my build out of my Pagelines layout! -CB

Dirty How-to
// Files to Tweak functions.php (Platformbase Folder)
	// Add ET Theme Functions for Shortcodes?
	/* activate shortcodes */
	require_once(TEMPLATEPATH . '/epanel/shortcodes/shortcodes.php');

Then I guess if you wanted to simply make it shortcodes you can but I was just doing quick testing so kept paths the same - but then put the shortcodes folder into the platformpro folder not the base - this will get all the CSS and such added in Platform and off and running!

Chuck Brown