Sign in to follow this  
g2om

Nav bar changes with background color

g2om

Hi! I am using Platform Pro. When I change the page background color (through design control) it changes my navigation bar to the same color. Please see link. I do not want the nav bar to be the same color as page background. Any ideas? Also, is there any way to remove Footer Text Shadow Color? I do not want a shadow. Many thanks.

cmunns

you must have set the blue color somewhere else in the design control options. Then add this CSS in your custom css code area ` body #footer, body .fixed_width #footer { text-shadow: none; } `

g2om

Thank you for the footer code. I set the blue color in two areas: Body Background Color and Page Background Color. I honestly cannot figure this one out, I have tried changing different colors, every time I change the Page Background Color the navigation bar changes to the same color. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the theme and WP, no luck. Thanks for the help.

timlinson

Have you changed any code in the theme files? This is what I'm seeing. I have a feeling I'm seeing something different than you guys..? 6RAac.pngtuGm3.png

jeomiland

Thanks Adam Now how to change the color of the text in my white bottom nav bar to dark grey without changing color in the rest of the footer area??? Here's what I have: `

#fullwidth_sidebar {

background-color: #FFFFFF;

/*color: #333;*/

}

#cred {

display: none;

}

body #footer, body .fixed_width #footer {

text-shadow: none;

color: #333;

}

`

cmunns

@john will need a link @sue the site is looking great.

aemillerco

Having the same issue. If I change the background color, my nav bar changes to match. See http://www.cowildlife.com/ Any easy fix? I am no CSS genius... thats why we bought this theme :)

cmunns

Okay..This might be a bug, I'm creating a ticket for it now.

margeaux7

I am having the identical problem. I just installed and started building the page. If I change my background to red my nav becomes red. If I turn it to black my nav becomes black. http://myfarmagent.his.com/

margeaux7

Work around for the above problem is to use a background image. I needed my background to be red so I created a red 2000 pixel by 10 red png file and added it in the Design Control section. Then I set background image to tile. So I now have a red background and a white background on my nav.

aemillerco

Shari, Good fix! You don't need an image so big obviously. Even 1 pixel will tile correctly across the entire site. :)

g2om

I am now using an image for my background as a work around for the color populating my nav bar. However, I am now noticing that the background color I am using for the footer is showing at the very top of the page. I tried getting rid of the 5 px border at the top by placing this line of code onto the custom code section: body, body.fixed_width { background-color: #BB9672; margin-top: -5px; Once I refreshed the page the layout totally changes. I then removed the code and the page goes back to normal. Any ideas? Thanks. URL For Site

cmunns

You will want to do this: `body {padding-top:0px;}`