Sign in to follow this  
jasonbwhitman

Footer Width Adjusting

jasonbwhitman

I have tried every trick on the forums I could find to adjust the black footer to be the same width as my content area on my website. I would appreciate some help with this. My Website Platform Pro 1.3.1

catrina

Go to Settings > Design Control > Under the Site Design Mode dropdown menu, select Fixed-Width Design Framework. The footer's width should be adjusted.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jasonbwhitman
Go to Settings > Design Control > Under the Site Design Mode dropdown menu, select Fixed-Width Design Framework. The footer's width should be adjusted.
That did not seem to affect the footer width and I also need the canvas for my background image. Any other ideas?

timlinson

You can't really change the width of the footer in your layout. I'm pretty sure the fixed-width layout does exactly what you want. The content and footer are both cropped to the same width. I'm also not sure what you mean regarding the background. The fixed-width background does the same thing as what you have now.

jasonbwhitman
You can't really change the width of the footer in your layout. I'm pretty sure the fixed-width layout does exactly what you want. The content and footer are both cropped to the same width. I'm also not sure what you mean regarding the background. The fixed-width background does the same thing as what you have now.
You were both correct about that working. The only problem is it made the footer background transparent. I added custom code
#footer {background: #000000;}

and it did not fix it. It did work if I changed it to #footcols but as you would expect only changed the BG on that container.

timlinson

`.fixed_width #footer {background: #000000;}` will cover the rest of the pagelines footer.. not sure how that seo thing got put down there.