Sign in to follow this  
timothy

Video Player Functionality

timothy

Hello, I installed Platform theme, and I've been migrating my old blog contents into this new one. For some reason, neither my Viddler videos, nor my Embedded Video plugin-based videos will render at all. How do I fix this? Does the theme prevent videos somehow? Thanks, Timothy

timothy

The viddler videos do not require a plugin. It's an embed code. And I'm placing it into the HTML view of the page. And yes, my plug-in is installed correctly.

timothy

URL: spiritualmembers.com/astralprojection/home It's a members only site, so if you need to login as a guest to see it, then use these credentials: un: test pw: testtest The Viddler video says "not available" but I assure you it works on my plain html pages, just not the blog. P.S. No pressure, but this website needs to be live Thursday at 10am. LOL

timlinson
The Viddler video says "not available" but I assure you it works on my plain html pages, just not the blog.
When you say "it" works elsewhere, do you mean this exact video/embed? Are you sure this video's embed code is copied 100% correctly? or that this video didn't get marked as private at some point? I ask because I tried the embed code in a plain html page on my web server and it shows up as unavailable.

timothy

Thank you both for your concern. There was a whitelisting issue on the host's website, which requires PERMISSION on a domain by domain basis for a stream to occur. The theme works fine, it was the video host.