Sign in to follow this  
artemesia66

Features Slider Images

artemesia66

I feel like I must be missing something. I've set the features slider to use a category of posts. Is there no way to set it so that it uses the images that are already set as the featured image for that post?

cmunns

No because then you would have a square thumbnail that is being used in another content area that is 2:1...it wouldn't give you the result you want despite being more convenient.

ricardo

I don't want to highjack the thread but seems like the perfect spot to add a feature request that could solve Janet's problem too: make the feature slider use images attached to that post/page. Ricardo

artemesia66

Okay, I see what you mean about the aspect ratio. I didn't realize that the feature image was already cropped. Ricardo has the right idea, though. I just want to use the image that heads the post. It seems like there should be an option to use the media library, so we don't have to re-upload images.

ricardo

Janet, If you want to display the featured image at the top of the page, there are other ways, and better than the slider (which is only useful to cycle through more than one image). Let me know if you need help with that! Ricardo

kowski

could somebody tell me the actual size of the images used in the slider ? when i upload HD pictures it only shows a small part of the picture in the slider. thx

ricardo

Jakob, images will be as high as you have defined it in the Feature Settings and as wide as you have defined your site's layout to be in the Layout Editor. Ricardo

artemesia66

Ricardo, I want the feature slider to cycle through five or six posts, each with one image. Maybe I'm mistaken about the purpose of the Feature Slider (?)

ricardo

No, you're right, sorry! In your last answer I got the impression that additionally you wanted to display just the featured image of the post where the featured slider is, like a static image at the top of the post. Sorry for the confusion! =) Ricardo

artemesia66

Thanks, Ricardo. All I really want is an easy way to include images that are already in the Media Library, without having to cut and paste URLs from another window. Sounds like this is a feature request. cheers jt

bonngean

@Janet, Why not use the Carousel instead? It will use the images you have slated as being the "featured image" for the post. Every time you add a new post with a featured image, it will be added to your Carousel. Seems like a FIX for you, instead of using the Feature slider. --Bonnie Gean