Sign in to follow this  
patrryk22

How to hide menu item for non logged in users

patrryk22

hi id like to hide menu item and its child items only for loged in users tell me how to do this in platform pro? best regards Patryk

patrryk22

is there a posiibility to solve it ?

patrryk22

does anyone has solved it ?

patrryk22

guys will someone helps how to do it?

catrina

I'm not sure if this is possible. Do you want to do this temporarily or is this something that you want permanently?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

patrryk22

It will be permanently, ive read somewhere thatcher tnie fan be done but only in themes functions so Thatcher why im asking for help

patrryk22

does any one ,knows that? well i see that in this file library.templates.php is menu function placed.. how to use this function <?php if (current_user_can('level_10')){ ?> dynamicly ?

patrryk22

Will anyone knows how to solve the problem?

cmunns

you will need to modify the navigation code if you want use two menus. Using -Base child theme create a file called template.nav.php and paste this into it: `

<?php if(function_exists('wp_nav_menu')){ wp_nav_menu( array('menu_class' => 'main-nav'.pagelines_nav_classes(), 'container' => null, 'container_class' => '', 'depth' => 3, 'theme_location'=>'primary', 'fallback_cb'=>'pagelines_nav_fallback') ); }else{ pagelines_nav_fallback(); } if(!pagelines_option('hidesearch')){ get_search_form(); } ?>
` which is what the default is....then you can modify/add conditional tags like you mentioned above to this code.

patrryk22

Adam first thing: what is :Base Child Theme? how to create and where to put this file on ftp? second: ive only found those conditions but i m not keeon on it to use it Can you send me step by step what to do ?

patrryk22

ok i have child but.. could you send me file to put iin ?

patrryk22

Adam could make this modification on my live test site?

patrryk22

adam i ve send you enquiry via email could you respond and tell me how much will cost this PRO job?

patrryk22

well it is said that on the forum i can not get this kind of help i think a lot of users wonders how to hide some part of menu from not logged in users, and show i only when user is logged in .....

jordi
Ok, if you don't want to get nuts... in recent versions of platform the template file which overrides the primary navigation template must be called "template.primary-nav.php" Regards.

Jordi López Garrostas
programador web