Sign in to follow this  
alexander24

How to shorten the width of the Features box

alexander24

Hi, I noticed that we could adjust the height of the features box from 330 to whatever we want but how do we adjust the width or length? I am new to php and css so please explain in detail if possible for a newbie like me. http://www.kellygroupsc.com/ultrasound/ Thank you , Donnie

alexander24

Hey Adam, Just wanted to play around with the width to see if it would still look ok smaller (in width).. I need to give it more thought. More concerned about creating / designing images big enough to fit the space of feature section. Donnie

catrina

To start experimenting with different heights, add this CSS to your custom CSS area (in Settings > Custom Code on your Dashboard):

div.dcol-pad
	{height: 340px;}

Save the settings and refresh your website to see the results. Increase or decrease the number to see how the boxes look in different heights (i.e. 350px, 360px, 340px, etc.).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

alexander24

Hey Catrina, Sorry... I most likely explained it wrong with what I was trying to accomplish.. I only want to adjust the features widget's width.. I noticed in the Features Settings section, we can adjust the height of the Features widget but not a place to adjust the width.. What would be the css code or .php code to make this happen? Thank you Donnie

cmunns

THere are a variety of selectors you would have to change, but you can start simply with some css `#feature_slider {width:80%;}`

alexander24

Hey Adam, what css code would center it after adding the above code you mentioned? DG

timlinson

You might get more mileage at this point by googling some basic css tutorials, but in any case, this is how you center stuff after defining a width: `margin: 0 auto`

alexander24

Hey Tim, Thank you for the extra css information with margins.. Also I agree.. Since plateform pro allows a lot of flexibility with css, I should start learning. DG