Sign in to follow this  
helvetik_a

reduce padding between boxes

helvetik_a

Hi! I would like to know how to reduce the white gap (padding?) between the boxes. As you can see in the screenshot, i have one line of three boxes. I have to increase white space between them and add a right sidebar. I am working with a base.css childtheme in platform pro. nothing seems to work... thx corina Bgvve.png

cshoffmann

You can do two things I see: 1. To reduce the left margin of each box, add this to custom code or the base.css file. .dcol_4 { width: 228px; margin-left: 20px; } Now, change the #px as you desire. NOTE: you may want to add another line in the rule: margin-right: #px; That will add some space on each to the right to adjust centering of your boxes on the page. 2. Within the Edit Page the boxes are on, down in the Pagelines Meta Settings>Box Settings you can increase the image size by putting a higher value: #px.

helvetik_a

Hi Shaun. Thx for your consult...but it does not work...:( I set the box-size (box-settings) to 180px. As you can see, there is no space for the right sidebar. I tried also to put the boxes under the content-area...but in the screenshot you can see the result. Boxes on the upperside under the main-nav makes jumping down the sidebar, boxes under the main-content doesn't even fit.... I am working on a localserver. thx corina xmgcr.png uwYN1.png this is my code in css: .dcol_3 { margin-left:10px; margin-right:; }

helvetik_a

I forgot to put the width...(width: 228px;) Nothing happens....

cmunns

add the important declaration e.g. `.dcol_3 {width:228px!important;}`

helvetik_a

Hi Adam! it's working! thx!!!! I send you another screenshot. The Icons are now aliged perfectly...but there is a invisible container that makes the sidebar alignment impossible. I wanted to align the sidebar on the right, under the main-nav....same line as the icons. can you give me an advice? thx very much iO8Y7.png