Sign in to follow this  
kowski

Installed for the first time/Activated/Wordpress crashed

kowski

I jut purchased and uploaded the Platform Pro theme to wordpress. When I clicked the activate button this appeared on the screen and neither wordpress nor the page were reacheable. Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STATIC, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /var/www/web155/html/wp-content/themes/platformpro/sections/nav/section.nav.php on line 13

ricardo

If I'm not mistaken, this error happens if your host is running php4 (and you need php5). Do you have cPanel? Ricardo

kowski

th for your help. I don't have cPanel and am not familiar with it

ricardo

What about Webmin or Plesk? Basically it's an utility that allows you to easily change the php version served on your site. If you don't have any of these, you need to ask your host to upgrade your php. Ricardo

kowski

i just looked into this and will change to php5. thx again for your help hope this will work

kowski

i just did contact my provider hopefully this will all work out just fine

kowski

my provider just wrote me that php5 is now active. The website is still up but when I'm trying to log in to wordpress to change the theme i get this error message: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 30720 bytes) in /var/www/web155/html/wp-admin/includes/template.php on line 2067

ricardo

Try this: create a text file called php.ini in the same folder where you have wordpress. Add the following as the content:

memory_limit: 64M

Copy the file to wp-admin and wp-admin/network (if it exists) If that doesn't work, search google for "increase memory limit in wordpress" and you'll find other 2 solutions that might work or not depending on your hosts configuration and software. Worst case scenario: you need to write your host again and ask them to increase the memory allocated to php. Ricardo