Sign in to follow this  
saivondavid

Multi Blog Site

saivondavid

Honestly I just recently learned XHTML and CSS.I'm fairly capable of create a HTML page and doing some styling with css With Platform developer Pro...would it be hard to style each page of a single blog site, so each member has access to the appropriate pages?....or should i create a multi page blog site with the members having full access to the appropriate pages? do you need to have this software on every computer/phone that will be posting to the blog?

ricardo

Hi! Without knowing what you want to do, it's impossible to know what you mean by appropriate pages and the difference between access and full access. From your last question I highly advise you to make sure you fully understand what is Wordpress, how does it work, differences between single and multisite wordpress and what can you do with themes (or theme frameworks like PlatformPro), otherwise this is going to be a very frustrating experience for you. Ricardo

saivondavid

Ricardo, Im looking for the best and easiest way to network 7 blogs into 1..........4 of the 7 blogs need to have a separate theme. before running into Platform pro, I assumed i would need to create 7 blogs and create a multi site. now that i see Platform pro can change themes on individual blog pages ....I was curious to know if I would have to create 7 blogs or could i create 1 with seven different themes.

ricardo

Again, you need to understand better the tools you'll be using. It's not PlatformPro that allows you to have different themes for each blog, it's Wordpress. PlatformPro doesn't allow to change themes in individual blog pages, it allows you to have a different layout (meaning, alternating between every combination of columns like you see here). You also don't need to install 7 blogs and then do something somewhere to bind them together. You simply need to install wordpress and activate the multisite option. You can then create as many blogs as you want! Ricardo