Sign in to follow this  
aadf

Adding Static Content to Homepage Next to Featured Slider

aadf

I'm trying to add a static box to my homepage that has a few links. The static box will be aligned next to the featured slider, which will be reduced in size. With a regular HTML structure, I know how to do this but since I'm working with Wordpress and Platform Pro framework, I don't know where to put my code. The concept idea can be found at http://aadfconsultant.com/mvoc3/mvoc3 And the testing site I have up and running using Platform Pro is http://aadfconsultant.com/mvocalpha

ricardo

I've done something similar to this during the weekend and it's necessary to cripple slider, meaning, you cannot use it anywhere else full size. I ended up faking it and this might work for you, unless you need video. The idea is simple: you create all images with a blank space where you want your text to be (you can use the feature text with background to reinforce this) and use the same text in every slide. Ricardo

aadf

That's a clever idea Ricardo but the slider is going to have dynamic content that is going to be changed by my client. That will be too much of a hassle for them to add blank space to a picture every time they add new features.

cshoffmann

I suggest keeping the Platform Pro Slider free for some other use in the site. Try using a different slider installed. For example, the Promotions Slider plugin or SlideDeck plugins. That way you will have many assets at your disposal.

cshoffmann

I suggest keeping the Platform Pro Slider free for some other use in the site. Try using a different slider installed. For example, the Promotions Slider plugin or SlideDeck plugins. That way you will have many assets at your disposal. On those you can adjust the slider width independently for each one without making it global for everywhere you use the slider.