Sign in to follow this  
alexander24

How to hide ' More ' in Footer

alexander24

Hi, I wanted to modify my current footer by hiding our removing the ' More ' column so I can have more room/space. Any suggestions? Our Platform Pro section of site is at : www.kellygroupsc.com Best regards, Donnie

cmunns

copy the template portion of the section.footcols.php file and create a file in Base called template.footcols.php. Then you can modify it e.g. remove the More column and add dcol_4 as a class to the widgets instead of dcol_5

alexander24

Hey Adam, Could you walk me through it step by step... I am a rookie at css and PlatForm Pro.. I am trying to section.footcols.php file.. Thank you Donnie

alexander24

Hey Adam, Better yet.. How can I modify the whole footer... Can i do it by downloading a file from ftp then modify or activate PlatForm Pro instead of base and then modify? Thank you, Donnie

timlinson

You don't need to download anything. You already have section.footcols.php in the wp-content/themes/platformpro/sections/sidebars folder. Then just follow Adam's steps:

copy the template portion of the section.footcols.php file and create a file in Base called template.footcols.php.

alexander24

Hey Tim, Thank you for the following up. Could you give me a clear, step by step approach to making the changes? When I created the new file and added it to the base, It create an error in the footer so I removed it. I also got a little lost with this part from Adam: " Then you can modify it e.g. remove the More column and add dcol_4 as a class to the widgets instead of dcol_5 " Where is this handled? Thanks again for the help. Donnie

cmunns

Okay just copy this into the template.footcols.php file you created. `

<?php if (!dynamic_sidebar($this->name) ) : ?>
<?php if(pagelines_option('footer_logo') && VPRO):?> <?php bloginfo('name');?> <?php else:?>

<?php bloginfo('name');?>

<?php endif;?>

<?php _e('Pages','pagelines');?>

<?php wp_nav_menu( array('menu_class' => 'footer-links list-links', 'theme_location'=>'footer_nav', 'depth' => 1) ); ?>

<?php _e('The Latest','pagelines');?>

• <?php foreach(get_posts('numberposts=1&offset=0') as $key => $post): setup_postdata($post);?>
  • <?php echo $post->post_title; ?>
    <?php echo ( !is_404() ) ? custom_trim_excerpt(get_the_excerpt(), 12) : ''; ?>
    <?php endforeach;?>
<?php print_pagelines_option('footer_terms');?>
<?php endif; ?>
`

alexander24

Hey Adam, Thank you for the code... That worked! Your help is very much appreciated! :-) Donnie