Sign in to follow this  
calebweeks

How can I get the base.css to override the dynamic.css?

calebweeks

Hello PageLines, I am using the PlatformBase Child Theme for custom edits and tweaks. I like to open base.css file in an external editor (Espresso) for edits. Sometimes, after entering custom styles in base.css, the dynamic.css overrides my custom edits (crosses it out in Firebug/Safari Web Inspector). Any ideas on how I can get things I enter in base.css to "override" the dynamic.css stuff? I'd love to have total control all in one place, rather than some in the dynamic stylesheet and some in the base.css. Thanks!

Sourena

The styles in "dynamic.css" are the ones that you write in your PlatformPro settings page in the admin. Remove the styles from there or cut/paste them to your "base.css". THat's all you need to do.

alefba.us

Web Development & Design for Right-to-Left languages

calebweeks

Sourena ??“ I didn't think about that:

• ??? I can clear out/delete the settings in the dynamic.css file ??? The theme will then look to PlatformPro's style.css file ??? My base.css stylesheet will then "override" all styles in the style.css file ??? I can thus, and therefore, get everything done from base.css in the Child Theme.
Great. Thank you very much, Sourena ??“ I appreciate you taking the time to touch base on this quick one. I was just thinking about it the wrong way. Much appreciated :) ?”??”??”??”??”??”??”??”??”??”??”??”??”??”??”??”??”??”??”??”??”??”??”??”??”??”??”??”??”??”??”??”??”??”??”??”??”? By the way, in case this is new for some, there are two ways to edit the dynamic.css file:
  1. Find and open/edit the dynamic.css file on your server in /wp-content/uploads/pagelines/dynamic.css, or
Edit entries in the Platform Pro Settings/Theme Options of your Wordpress Admin area (for example, the Design Control section). Happy Styling!

calebweeks

(the dynamic.css file "regenerates" when you "Save Options" in the admin settings. That means that entries made in the settings admin must cleared/deleted for the dynamic.css file to truly be empty. Edits made directly in the dynamic.css file in an external editor will be re-entered each time the setting pane is saved in the admin making that approach (#1 above) semi-unproductive. To be clear, as far as I know, we must delete entries made in the visual admin area in order for these to be empty in the dynamic.css. Hope that helps.)