Sign in to follow this  
nathanrouse

default page calendar/meta/archives/etc

nathanrouse

on the default page in p'pro, i can't quite figure out how to remove the stuff on the side there...see: http://astarvingartistproduction.com/?page_id=578 in my settings and template setup for the default page, all that's listed is the content area ... but i can't seem to get rid of that other stuff. any help? (i'm no code-guy, so speak slowly and in layman's terms)

Kate

Hi Nathan, Those are the widgets that appear by default. You have a few options to get rid of them. If you'd like to have a sidebar area, but just with different widgets, go to "Appearance->Widgets" and drag and drop the widgets you want into the sidebar area. The next option is to not show any widgets if you haven't assigned any. To set this, go to "PlatformPro->Settings->Sidebar Options->Hide Sidebars When Empty (no widgets)". Check this option. Your last option would be to choose hide the sidebar on the individual page's options (in the far right column).

nathanrouse

Kate...thank you for the reply. But none of that is working. I really think something is wonky with my stuff (using the generic, vague 'stuff' because I don't know how to articulate what's happening). Example of what's happening right now: in an attempt to remove the previous mentioned data, I would make the blog page different templates (default, banner, etc) just to see what would happen, and on refreshing to see the new effect, it would show me the 'home' page... at a real loss here. :(

timlinson
PlatformPro->Settings->Sidebar Options->Hide Sidebars When Empty (no widgets)
This option alone should do it. Unless when you edit the blog page, the "Show Sidebar" checkboxes are selected in the PageLines Section Controls on the right. Which version of platformpro do you have?