Sign in to follow this  
marcwilde

'View Comments' doesn't link to Disqus Comments

marcwilde

Hi there, The link in my post byline (when viewing a single post) that says "View Comments" is hyperlinking to '#comments' instead of '#disqus_thread', like the links on the main posts page. I also think that it should be displaying the number of comments and reactions, not 'View Comments', so it seems like it's not talking to Disqus properly. Is there a file I can edit to make this link work properly? Thanks in advance! http://flawlessfocus.com/articles

timlinson
The link in my post byline (when viewing a single post) that says "View Comments" is hyperlinking to '#comments' instead of '#disqus_thread', like the links on the main posts page.
When I look at your main posts page, its comment links don't point to #disqus_thread either. Does your disqus.com account dashboard shows flawlessfocus in its site listing? and there's nothing weird going on in the Comments > Disqus tab in WP?

marcwilde

Hi Tim, I'm surprised that neither of the byline links are working for you. I just checked them logged into the site and not logged in - both times the main posts page (flawlessfocus.com/articles) had working Disqus links, but individual posts did not. Disqus is definitely set up properly and everything seems fine when I check the Disqus page within WordPress.

cmunns

Does Disqus give you instructions for including the comment link into a theme? We can filter the function that currently controls the single post page comment link this way.

marcwilde

As far as I can see, there are only instructions for installing the plugin in your WordPress directory. I guess the plugin interacts directly with the WordPress comments system, so I'm not sure why the single posts link isn't functioning. I'm new to all of this, so I'm a bit clueless at the moment. :S

cmunns

Did you disable the comments link? Also, I'm curious...what version of PP are you using?

marcwilde

Yes, I've disabled the link for the time being. I'm using PP 1.3.5. Is that the latest one?

Dominic

Having the exact same issue here: http://dr-a-to-z.com On the home page, Disqus took over the comment part of the metabar, but on the single post pages, it seems that the hyperlink is to the native #comments. I'm running PP 1.5.1 and WP 3.2

Dominic

After digging a little more, I found a workaround: edit /wp-includes/comment-template.php change #comments (line 519 in WP 3.2) to #disqus_thread Home page and single post pages now point to the Disqus comments section. No idea why Disqus didn't replace both without going into the guts of WP!