Sign in to follow this  
mending

Footer background-color

mending

I am using PlatformBase but can't work out how to change the footer background-color to white but keep the 5px top header background-color black. I have tried the socalled easy way as described: In the Base theme the footer is black and the CSS looks like this:

#footer {
				clear:both;
				font-size:1em;
				overflow:hidden;
				text-align: left;
				background: #000;
				color: #999;
				position: relative;
			}
To change the background color to white, all you have to do is declare a new rule for the color like so:
		#footer { background: #FFF; }

kastelic

Really no reason this shouldn't work. Did you put this in base.css? Maybe a link to your site so we can see why the rule wasn't applied?

Kate

Hi Lars, The site isn't loading for me. But, have you tried using the !important declaration on the background color?

mending

Hi, Yes, no luck with that either. I have this line in the base.css

#footer { background: #FFF !important; }

at this site: Example

cmunns

` body, body.fixed_width { background-color: white!important; } `

mending

I don't understand any of this. Why do you write me this:

body, body.fixed_width {
	background-color: white!important;
	}

it change the whole background color completely but that I can do easily by changing the color in Design Control! In the base.css you detailed write (as I state in my first post) how to change the footer color alone. But apparently any of this doesn't work?

timlinson

The black parts from the top and bottom are both from the body underneath. If you change the "bottom" then you change the "top" because they are the same underlying body element.

mending

Ok, but then it makes no sence all of which I state in my first post written about how to change footer color in the base.css area - as this has no effect and doesn't work either. Background color in Design Control does it. Please flag this for developers as it is rather confusing.

mauricen

I searched and found this post as I have the exact same issue. I do not want my footer to be the same color as the background. I want my footer to be another color. I want to be able to put a photo in the background or a solid color. I have changed the background of every div class and ID related to the footer and nothing works. I am using the base theme as a template under pro. None of these declarations work.

cmunns

@Maurice you probably want to try a different design framework or at least give us a link so we can look...everybody's site is always different.

dainiswmichel
hmmm, this is the first customization i wanted to do. seems a bit silly that i can choose text highlight color but not the footer background color in footer/color options. :) looks like i'll need to add the custom css. ain't sweatin' it this looks like a great platform.

dainiswmichel
ok, added #footer { background-color: #baa669; } to custom css