Sign in to follow this  
becky

The Searching for Something widget in the Left footer area

becky

I love the way the demo search is set up in PageLines Pro but I don't want it in the default location (left more footer area). I would like to put it in one of the sidebars just exactly how it is in the demo. I'm sorry if this question has been resolved, I have searched the forum and didn't find anyone else who needed to do this, most just want to get rid of it, which I know how to do.

kastelic

You can just make a text widget and paste the same HTML from the default footer widget in there. I got the html using Firebug by right-clicking on the widget element and selecting "copy html". Then you can paste it in your text widget and delete the containing div and title div (since these will be created when you make the new widget. I have pasted an example below:

`

Use the form below to search the site:

Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!
	`

becky

Thank you! Thank you! That worked perfectly. Now all I have to do is center the search box. I have to say, I love your support. I've been able to find nearly everything I needed and when I couldn't it, I got the fastest reply in history!

kastelic

Go back into your code and modify thusly: <p style="text-align:center"><form>THE FORM CODE</form></p> The only thing you are adding are the paragraph opening and closing tags.

becky

Again, you're the best! Go enjoy your Sunday now!

kastelic

haha your right, i'm outta here (for now)