Sign in to follow this  
aolivoper

Big problem with custom background

aolivoper

Hi there, I'm working right now on my site and i can't get working the plugins and platform pro properly, i bought this plugin "custom backgrounds for wordpress" because i need to set a different wallpaper for each section i couldn't do it with platform by itself. However, it seems to be a problem because, when i set the 2 backgrounds (primary and secondary) it just assign those wallpapers to the FOOTER, not to my main page. Is there any way to remove that footer or i don't know, just let the plugin work as it mean to do setting the backgrounds on my page instead of my footer? The last question i need to ask, how can i remove that pagelines logo in the footer area? i tried with this code: #cred{display: none} and it doesn't work... The link to my page is http://www.evodu.com Thanks a lot in advance for any help.

cshoffmann

you might try in design control>set it to fixed width layout. Then make you page-canvas transparent with css. Regarding the credit logo, you are missing a ; semi-colon. Rather than remove the credit, you should apply to be a partner and earn something for having the logo there. see: http://www.impactradius.com/campaign-campaign-info/PageLines-Partner-Program.brand

aolivoper

Hi Shaun, thanks for your quick response! @Fixed width: it worked, if you visit my link right now it shows a VERY big atom on the background :D About the credit logo and the ; semi-colon it didn't work in any way, i put this code into the custom code, css rules box: #cred{display:none;} #canvas #page-canvas {background-color:none;} And both things didn't work, neither removing the leaf nor the transparent canvas... Any suggestions about it? Note: i'm a completly novice to css, so i'm reading a bit about it, but any help will be very appreciated ;) As for the partner program, i will consider it but not for this project, actually i'm using wordpress and platform pro in this case in particular, because i don't have the money (yet...) for making my own system.

timlinson

Did you remove the css code? I ask because it's not showing up in your dynamic stylesheet.

aolivoper

Hi Tim, i didn't removed any code, actually this is exactly the code on my "CSS Rules" box: body{ #cred{display: none;} .canvas #page-canvas {background-color: none;} } Thanks in advance for your help.

timlinson

Ah that's the problem. They're not supposed to go "inside" a body block like that. Remove the 1st and 4th lines.

aolivoper

Hi Tim, thanks for your answer, the leaf is gone now, but remains the white color on the canvas, any sugestions about that?

cmunns

Don't see it anymore...looks like you got it.

aolivoper

Hi Adam, no, it isn't fixed... If you look my site right now, you can see the semi-brown color and the white canvas in the midle. Still don't get how to get it transparent :(

timlinson

I guess I don't understand. The whole page is 1 color to me. Can you post a screenshot to explain what you mean?

aolivoper

Hi Tim, i've made a change last night, i put the same hex color on the canvas and the background, but still i can't get it transparent. This is what i have right now on my css custom code: #cred{display: none;} #page-canvas{background:#efe3be; !important;} #wp-admin-bar .padder { display: none; } #efe3be is the same color as my background I think it has to be a tiny thing, a small piece of code i'm missing somewhere... I'm still looking @ the forum for other codes to make it work. Any suggestions will be very appreciated

cmunns
#efe3be is the same color as my background
And what is it supposed to be?

aolivoper

Hi Adam, the hole point about getting the canvas background transparent is because i wanna set a background image and don't need to split things, for example: just one image that covers the homepage or any section i want. Plus, i'm trying to learn something about css because i've seen in the forum it can be done what i need to do. Thanks again and sorry for the inconvenience

timlinson

well try this.. not sure if it's what you're looking for: `.fixed_width #page {background:transparent !important;}`