Sign in to follow this  
mending

Linebreaks in Feature texts

mending

Hi there, Linebreaks (by using Enter) or

p
and
br

in HTML does not seem to be supported for "Text" in Features. Why is that?

kastelic

Works for me, are you entering the text in the post edit area?

mending

Hi Jimmy I am not sure if I understand what you mean. I click "Edit" underneath one of the three Feature texts directly on the website and are taken to the edit area of this text. I have three seperate lines of text in the editor but for some reason they are shown i one line of text on the website. Example...

catrina

Try doing a soft return for each new line that you type. To do that, press Shift+Enter/Return instead of just "Enter/Return" when you want to type on a new line.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

mending

Hi, Sorry I was confusing things here - it's actually the Boxes text - not the Features text - that is the problem. I have tried soft return with no luck, but strange thing is that text shows fine on seperate lines when viewing the Boxes texts via Soapboxes.

catrina

According to the screenshot, only the Address line is not on a new line. Can you look at the editor in HTML mode and paste what you see there in the forum? (Remember to use the

tags.)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

mending

I'll show you a new example here: New example There are no code in HTML view and even if I manually type in a break tag it seems to disappear when shifting back to visual View mode. Very strange. As you see on the test example the Soapboxes list the text fine.

catrina

Maybe if you tried setting up the text in the boxes as lists, the text would automatically show up in separate lines (as shown here: http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_lists.asp). Lists by default display bullets next to each item, but there is a way to remove them so that only the text appears. Is this something that you want to do?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

mending

Hmm! But it sounds like there's a bug in the Boxes way of handling text then? I do not find it ideal to use Lists. Why are default < p > and < br/ > not supported?

kastelic

Put it in html mode, then put

`
`

after each line. Click update without switching back to visual mode. You should be all good.

mending

Ok... it worked, but why do I have to do it this way and what if someone else than me without HTML knowledge have to edit the Boxes texts? Will you get this problem fixed in a coming build release?

mending

I have made a new proof example for you here: Example Where you clearly can see that the first of the three Boxes shows "Line1, Line2 and Line3" in one line of text without linebreak, where as Soapboxes shows the same three lines of text with linebreak. This is a eccential problem.

mending

Will you please get back to this issue?

cmunns

This is not a bug. Boxes are set using the shortcode API to avoid this sort of autoformatting, but we've already discussed possibly changing it back to the default method in the next version.

mending

Hi Adam That would be a great improvement as text written for Boxes (via the usual WP editor) is expected to behave with normal formatting i.e. linebreaks on Enter/Return key etc. I am looking forward to this.