Sign in to follow this  
gcmprior

Post Types Order plugin conflicts

gcmprior

The "Post Types Order" plugin recommended in this forum causes a lot of problems with my posts when it's activated. Is there a solution, or another recommended plugin?

gcmprior

Like, to be specific, it starts with the content of my posts displaying twice. Then, following instructions found on this forum, I uncheck some boxes in PlatformPro>Settings>Blog and Posts. Then data begins to disappear from some of the posts, and the posts don't display correctly.

gcmprior

Okay, so, if I uncheck either: Post excerpt on Posts/Blog page, or Full Post Content on Posts/Blog Page, the double post text disappears. But I want exerpts and full posts content.

kastelic
But I want exerpts and full posts content.
The double posts was probably because you had 'excerpt' and 'full post content' both checked. Which do you want?

gcmprior

You're exactly right - double posts because I had them both checked. I'm using magazine layout. Two posts full column, then two posts side by side. Without "excerpt," the side-by-sides don't display any text. Without "full post content," The first two posts don't display my full content. Which, in the case of the ones with video, means they display no content.

gcmprior

Not sure what your question means. I want the full content of the first two posts and excerpts of the following, side-by-side (magazine style layout) posts. thanks

cmunns

Then we will have to modify the template.postloop.php file. First copy it from the PlatformPro folder into the PlatformBase folder...(you should be using the child theme here) Then on ~line 90 make the line read like this: `<?php if(pagelines_show_content( get_the_ID() ) || $count <= 2): // Post and Page Content ?>`

gcmprior

Okay, thanks, Adam, I'll try it.

rikvanrenssen

Same problem here. I want to have exerpts and full posts content. The first to posts have to be full posts (with text and images). All posts underneath only with exerpts. I've tried Adam's suggestion, but it is not working. This is my website: www.mainpoint.nl/blog

cmunns

Maybe try testing with just $count == 1 instead of $count <= 2 Also, make sure that you actually have -Base activated if you are doing it this way.

rikvanrenssen

Thank you for your reply. Base is activated. But it is still not working. What I am looking for is: First two posts full content with no exerpts. All other posts with exerpts I've tried switchen several boxes on and off in the platformpro settings. But that has no effect.

Kate

Hi Rik, If I'm understanding you correctly, that would require some custom PHP, which is what Adam was referring to. Were you able to try the code he suggested?

rikvanrenssen

Yes, I tried both of the suggested custom PHP codes, but that doesn't made a difference. I still get the exerpt text in the full content posts. You can always take a look at the website: www.mainpoint.nl/blog

cmunns

I just tested it again and it works fine. Are you sure you followed my instructions? and using -Base theme.

rikvanrenssen

Ok, I will change it again. Maybe you can take a look at the website? This is the website: www.mainpoint.nl/blog Base theme is activated and I used this custom PHP code in +/- line 90: (in the template.postloop.php) <?php if(pagelines_show_content( get_the_ID() ) || $count <= 2): // Post and Page Content ?> As you can see I still have the exerpts in the full width posts Maybe I have a wrong setting in the platformpro blog and posts settings? Thnx for your reply by the way ;)

catrina
Maybe I have a wrong setting in the platformpro blog and posts settings?
What settings do you have there? Are post excerpts disabled anywhere?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

rikvanrenssen

Here are my settings for the blog and posts: Layout mode: Magazine layout Full width posts: 2 full width posts Post page layout: One sidebar on right Post thumbnail placement: Postst/blog page Category lists Post archives Post clips Post Excerpt: Post/blog page Search results Category lists Post archives Full Post content: All boxes are turned off.

rikvanrenssen

Here is my entire template.postloop.php code. Maybe I'm using the code in a wrong line?

<?php
	/*

THE LOOP (Posts, Single Post Content, and Page Content)

This file contains the WordPress "loop" which controls the content in your pages & posts.
		You can control what shows up where using WordPress and PageLines PHP conditionals

This theme copyright © 2008-2010 PageLines

*/

global $pagelines_layout;
		global $post;
		global $wp_query;

$count = 1;  // Used to get the number of the post as we loop through them.
		$clipcount = 2; // The number of clips in a row

$post_count = $wp_query->post_count;  // Used to prevent markup issues when there aren't an even # of posts.
		$paged = intval(get_query_var('paged')); // Control output if on a paginated page

if(is_admin()) query_posts('showposts=1'); // For parsing in admin, no posts so set it to one.

$thumb_space = get_option('thumbnail_size_w') + 33; // Space for thumb with padding

// Start of 'The Loop'
	if(have_posts()){
	while (have_posts()) : the_post();

if(!pagelines_show_clip($count, $paged) || is_admin()):

?><div <?php post_class('fpost') ?> id="post-<?php the_ID(); ?>">
			<?php pagelines_register_hook( 'pagelines_loop_post_start', 'theloop' ); // Hook ?>

<?php if(pagelines('pagetitles') && is_page()):?>
				<h1 class="pagetitle"><?php the_title(); ?></h1>
				<?php pagelines_register_hook( 'pagelines_loop_page_title_after', 'theloop' ); // Hook ?>
			<?php endif;?>

<?php if(!is_page()):?>
							<div class="post-meta fix">
								<?php if(pagelines_show_thumb( get_the_ID() )): // Thumbnails ?>
					            		<div class="post-thumb" style="margin-right:-<?php echo $thumb_space;?>px">
											" rel="bookmark" title="<?php _e('Permanent Link To', 'pagelines');?> <?php the_title_attribute();?>">
												<?php the_post_thumbnail('thumbnail');?>

</div>
								<?php endif; ?>

<div class="post-header fix <?php if(!pagelines_show_thumb($post->ID)) echo 'post-nothumb';?>" style="<?php

if(pagelines_show_thumb($post->ID)){
										echo 'margin-left:'.$thumb_space.'px';
									}

?>" >
									<?php pagelines_register_hook( 'pagelines_loop_post_header_start', 'theloop' ); // Hook ?>
									<div class="post-title-section fix">

<div class="post-title fix">

<?php
												pagelines_get_post_title();
												pagelines_get_post_metabar();
											?>

</div>

</div>
									<?php if(pagelines_show_excerpt( $post->ID )): // Post Excerpt ?>

<div class="post-excerpt"><?php the_excerpt(); ?></div>

<?php
											if(pagelines_is_posts_page() && !pagelines_show_content( $post->ID )): // 'Continue Reading' link

echo get_continue_reading_link($post->ID);

endif;

pagelines_register_hook( 'pagelines_after_excerpt', 'theloop' ); // Hook ?>
									<?php endif; ?>
								</div>
							</div>
						<?php endif;?>

<?php  if(pagelines_show_content( get_the_ID() ) || $count <= 2): // Post and Page Content ?>
							<div class="entry_wrap fix">
							<?php pagelines_register_hook( 'pagelines_loop_before_post_content', 'theloop' ); // Hook ?>

<div class="entry_content">
									<?php
										the_content(__('<p>Continue reading »</p>','pagelines'));?>
										<div class="clear"></div>
										<?php
											// Content pagination
											if( is_single() || is_page() ) wp_link_pages(array('before'=> __('<p class="content-pagination"><span class="cp-desc">pages:</span>', 'pagelines'), 'after' => '</p>', 'pagelink' => '<span class="cp-num">%</span>'));

// Edit Link
											$edit_type = (is_page()) ? __('Edit Page','pagelines') : __('Edit Post','pagelines');
											edit_post_link( '['.$edit_type.']', '', '');

pagelines_register_hook( 'pagelines_loop_after_post_content', 'theloop' ); // Hook
									?>
								</div>
								<div class="tags">
									<?php the_tags(__('Tagged with: ', 'pagelines'),' • ',''); ?>
								</div>
							</div>
						<?php endif;?>
			<?php pagelines_register_hook( 'pagelines_loop_post_end', 'theloop' ); // Hook ?>
		</div>

<?php
	endif; // End of Full-Width Post Area

if(pagelines_show_clip($count, $paged) || is_admin()): // Start Clips

if($clipcount % 2 == 0):?>
			<div class="clip_box fix">
			<?php pagelines_register_hook( 'pagelines_loop_clipbox_start', 'theloop' ); // Hook ?>
			<?php $clips_in_row = 1;?>
		<?php endif;?>
			<?php $clip_class = (($clipcount+1) % 2 == 0) ? $clip_class = 'clip clip-right' : $clip_class = 'clip';?>
				<div <?php post_class($clip_class) ?> id="post-<?php the_ID(); ?>">
					<?php pagelines_register_hook( 'pagelines_loop_clip_start', 'theloop' ); // Hook ?>
						<div class="clip-meta fix">
							<?php if(pagelines_show_thumb( get_the_ID(), 'clip' )): // Thumbnails ?>
				            		<div class="clip-thumb">
										" rel="bookmark" title="<?php _e('Link To', 'pagelines');?> <?php the_title_attribute();?>">
											<?php the_post_thumbnail(array( 40, 40 ));?>

</div>
							<?php endif; ?>
							<div class="clip-header">
								<?php pagelines_get_post_title('clip');?>

<?php pagelines_get_post_metabar('clip');?>

</div>
						</div>
						<?php if(pagelines_show_excerpt( $post->ID )): // Excerpt ?>
						<div class="post-excerpt">
							<?php
								the_excerpt();
								echo get_continue_reading_link($post->ID);
							 	pagelines_register_hook( 'pagelines_loop_clip_excerpt_end', 'theloop' ); // Hook
							?>
						</div>
						<?php endif;?>
						<?php pagelines_register_hook( 'pagelines_loop_clip_end', 'theloop' ); // Hook ?>
				</div>
		<?php if(($clipcount+1) % 2 == 0 || $count == $post_count ):?>
			<?php pagelines_register_hook( 'pagelines_loop_clipbox_end', 'theloop' ); // Hook ?>
			</div>  <!-- closes .clip_box -->
		<?php endif; $clipcount++;

endif; // End of Clips

$count++;  // Increment the post counter for formatting purposes.

endwhile; // End of 'The Loop'

// or if no posts...
	} else { ?>

<div class="billboard">
			<?php if(is_search()):?>
				<h2 class="center"><?php _e('No results for ', 'pagelines');?>"<?php the_search_query();?>"</h2>

<p class="subhead center"><?php _e('Try another search?', 'pagelines');?></p>
			<?php else:?>
				<h2 class="center"><?php _e('Nothing Found','pagelines');?></h2>

<p class="subhead center"><?php _e('Sorry, what you are looking for isn't here.', 'pagelines');?></p>
			<?php endif;?>
			<div class="center fix"><?php get_search_form(); ?> </div>
		</div>
	<?php }

catrina
Post Excerpt: Post/blog page Search results Category lists Post archives
^ If you don't want the post excerpts to appear, you should disable them.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

rikvanrenssen

Thats the thing.. I want the post excerpts.. just not in my first two full content posts.. What I am looking for is: First two posts full content with no excerpts. All other posts below the two full posts with excerpts.

rikvanrenssen

Yes, the blog is in Magazine layout. I just don't understand why the custom HP code is working for Adam, and not for me.. :(