Sign in to follow this  
jpfaraco

Display posts with different layout mode on home

jpfaraco

I'm having trouble trying to set up the following: - Home page with features slider, post excerpts in magazine layout and sidebar; - Category, search and archive pages with only post excerpts in blog layout and sidebar. I created a page template called "Home", set it as the front page and added the feature slider to the template. Now I wonder if I can add a posts section, to display the posts on the home, in magazine layout. Here's what I'm building : http://joaofaraco.com.br/novo/

kastelic

Go to Settings -> Reading and set "home" as your blog page. Whatever you set as your default layout in Layout Editor will be how the archive pages appear.

jpfaraco

Thanks Jimmy, but that didn't do it .. I need the home page to be the "Home" template, AND display the latest posts. And in a different layout as the archives pages... I'm looking for the code that gets the latest posts and lists them in excerpts, like in the archive pages.. I suppose I could enter this as the home content, and wrap it in the magazine layout class ..

kastelic

Oh sorry, I see what you are trying to do now. Well, you can change Settings-Reading back to "home page showing posts," and then drag a the features section into your 'posts page' template, and then create a custom menu item called home that points to your root url. That will solve your first problem. Then you can use CSS to hide the features on archive, search and category pages like this: .category #feature, .archive #feature, .search #feature {display:none} Unfortunately those pages will still be in magazine layout. For that I'm gonna have to mark for developer attention.

jpfaraco

Just got it ! Thanks Jimmy ! I actually set the magazine layout to show 3 full-width posts, so it looks great on the home, and the archive pages show them all in columns which is exactly what I wanted. The CSS lines I added were : .category #feature{display:none;} .archive #feature{display:none;} .search #feature{display:none;} .home #feature{display:block;}