Sign in to follow this  
catmandu

How to Add Media (Image) in Highlight Page - Standard

catmandu

I am setting up several pages in my site and using the Highlight Page - Standard. I would like to add jpeg images to the upper right corner of the Highlight Box area (to the right of the Highlight Title and Highlight Text). The Highlight Media box on the bottom of the Edit Page asks for HTML or embedded code. It also states that the media width must be 520 px (no problem). All I want to do is insert jpeg images on each of these pages - upload or from my Media Library, but nothing works. If I insert the file path into the Highlight Media box, then the actual file path shows up on the page in that area of the Highlight, but no image. What can or should I be doing? Thx. richard

catmandu

HI, thought I would post this follow-up for others and for further comment by those who can add to it. I really have no clue what I am doing, but I try different things and sometimes they work. To upload an image into the Feature area of a Standard Highlight Page, I used the following code in the Highlight Media box and it worked PERFECTLY (or at least, so far ;-) ): page templates So, in my case, it looked something like this: page templates I then updated the page, and bammm . . . there it is. I figured it out by looking at the WHP Demo Page, viewing the source, finding where the image name was located, seeing the code that was used in connection with the Demo Page image, copying it, and then simply adapting it to my site with the filepath URL of my image. I then simply inserted it into the Media Highlight Box and that was all - no actual HTML editing. thx. If anyone can offer more, please . . . because I really don't know code. Richard

catmandu

ooops, I guess inserting code into this box causes problems. Okay, I will make images: The code used: file-path-URL-e1267890938582.jpg And, in my case, it looked something like this: sample-file-path-URL1.jpg Hopefully my attempt to upload images of the code works; if not, well, I tried. Richard

catmandu

okay, not bad, here is a re-size/resample of the second image so that you can see everything: sample-file-path-URLresize.jpg let's see how that looks. Richard

jnoh

Richard, you answer the questions before I can even get to it :)... Too quick, slow down. :P

annie

wish i could follow this. been trying to do the same thing. can't follow these directions. wish I could.

annie

figured it out. love you, buddie. just love you. this was so helpful.