Sign in to follow this  
compartmentlife

Major bugs with Safari vs. Firefox vs. Explorer

compartmentlife

Site: www.compartmentlife.com I have no idea what is going on, but my site is broken in a bad way all of a sudden. This has happened since upgrading PlatformPro... Here is a small list of what I see wrong: 1. The site "looks" correct in Explorer as far as I can tell. 2. In Firefox, the carousel works properly if I am logged in, but if I log out (IE: a normal visitor) the carousel is broken... 3. In Safari, the ENTIRE layout has "exploded"... What is going on? See screenshots below... Explorer explorer.jpgFirefox "LOGGED IN" firefox-logged-in.jpgFirefox "LOGGED OUT" firefox-logged-out.jpgSafari safari.jpg

catrina

I am on Firefox (on a Mac) and from my point of view, your website looks problem-free. Did you make any adjustments after upgrading?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

compartmentlife

No, haven't made any changes to layout since upgrading.

compartmentlife

Alright, I also just discovered that using Safari, the carousel and layout are only "broken" on the home page. All other pages work perfect... this is getting weirder!

cefisher

I looked at the site using safari & it is broken. The carousel is displaying vertical thumbnails and a pink background.

compartmentlife

Ok... after further inspection, the FEATURE is the broken piece in Safari and for some reason it causes the Carousel to break. When I disable the feature, the page works correctly in Safari.

timlinson

Double check all the markup tags you've used in your features.. things like unclosed/mismatching/etc tags can do wonky things to the layout. Actually, might not even be from a feature.. e.g. in this case, an unclosed headerscript tag messed things up: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic/8541