Sign in to follow this  
jasonlioh

WP Plugin Collapsing Archive

jasonlioh    0
jasonlioh

Can you guys create a widget for a collapsing archive (and category) like the one available in Blogger? I tried using the WordPress Plugin of the same name but somehow it stopped working for no reason (or reasons that I have yet to find out). This feature is better than the ugly/hideous dropdown menu and good for old timers who have been blogging for 5-6 years.

cmunns    16
cmunns

Can you show us exactly what you are talking about?

jasonlioh    0
jasonlioh

Sorry for my bad explanation. Here's a screenshot. exam.png One will click on the arrow to expand the archives (year and month) like 2011 and 2010; else it is hide by default. Would be really awesome if you guys can incorporate a widget into the theme or make it a default feature in PlatformPRO.

kastelic    6
kastelic

I know this isn't exactly what your looking for but wordpress does have a built-in method for showing the archive months as a dropdown list like this: Click here to view full size You'd have to drop the code either in a custom section or in functions.php to insert it with a hook. The code is here under "dropdown box": http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Tags/wp_get_archives

jasonlioh    0
jasonlioh

I am aware of the dropbox but it's really ugly and doesn't blend well into the theme. Anyway, I found a workaround to get the way I want it. Thanks for the help!