Sign in to follow this  
onespirit

Next Gen plugin not populating carousel

onespirit

Hi I'm using the NextGEN gallery plugin version 1.7.4 Wordpress version 3.1.1 and iBlog Pro version Version 4.2.5. I can get the the gallery images to display on my blog articles page: http://nlptrainingcanada.ca/articles/ but the images won't display in the carousel on this page: http://nlptrainingcanada.ca/videos/ I have set the "videos" page to use the "full width carousel" template. I have set the videos page settings to: Carousel Image/Link Mode (Carousel Page Template) to Next GEN and the gallery id to "videos" which is the gallery name. I had it working with a test gallery originally and was very pleased. Then I deleted the test gallery to work on the actual gallery I wanted to display and the carousel stopped working. I'm would consider myself an advanced word press user but am stumped here. I tried to reinstall NextGen plugin even deleting the database tables so it would be a fresh install Still won't display the new gallery I created. Help would be most appreciated. thanks in advance, Joseph

Kate

Hey Joseph, Have you tried deactivating then reactivating the theme? Also, if you haven't done a lot of work in PP, perhaps you could do a fresh install of that as well.

onespirit

Hey Kate, Thanks for a prompt reply!

Have you tried deactivating then reactivating the theme?
Now there's something I hadn't thought of. If I do this will I lose settings and work on already done in the theme?
Also, if you haven't done a lot of work in PP, perhaps you could do a fresh install of that as well.
I assume "PP" stand for Platform Pro? I'm working with the Iblog 4 template not Platform pro. I have done a fair bit of work but if this is what i must do to get it working again so be it. That would be my last resort though Any other ideas before I go ahead and do that. Thanks, Joseph

cmunns

The gallery ID that you have entered on that page e.g. "videos" needs to be an actual number representation of that gallery e.g. "1"

onespirit

Hi Adam, Yes I've set the gallery ID in the page setting to 1 as per screen shot below. n5lGS.jpg" alt="" title="Hosted by imgur.com" Still not showing. I also tried Kate's suggestion of deactivating and reactivation the template still nothing.

onespirit

I did notice that fire fox the images briefly flash in the carousel and then disappear. Think maybe it's css issue or something?

onespirit

Hi Cantrina,

What custom CSS code do you have now?
I implement the following custom css which I use for a form on another page using the plugin "WPMU Custom CSS". I've deactivated the plugin and thus the custom css and it make no difference. The carousel still flashes the correct gallery pictures then they dis appear.

.hide {
			background:none;
			font-size:1px;
			display:none;
			height:0;
			left:-9999px;
			overflow:hidden;
			position:absolute;
			top:-9999px;
			width:0;
			z-index:0;
			line-height:0px;
		}

#form {

background:url(http://www.onespiritinc.com/images/form-bg.jpg) no-repeat;
			height:225px;
			margin:0 auto 13px;
			padding:20px 55px 0;
			width:414px;
		}

#content #form h3 {
			font:normal bold 24px Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif;
			margin:0 0 5px;
		}

#content #form h5 {
			color:#cc0000;
			font:normal 15px Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif;
			height:40px;
		}

.info-wrap {
			height:25px;
			margin:7px auto;
			width:308px;
		}

.info-wrap .txt-field {
			background-color:#fff;
			border:solid 1px transparent;
			color:#c13100;
			font:normal 20px Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif;
			height:18px;
			margin:0 auto;
			padding:4px 0;
			text-align:center;
			width:308px;
		}
	#form .button-wrap {
			clear:both;
			height:68px;
			margin:27px auto 0;
			width:327px;
		}
	#form .button-wrap button {
			height:68px;
			overflow:visible;
			width:327px;
		}
			#form button.link {
			background:url(http://www.onespiritinc.com/images/btn-submit.png) no-repeat left top;
			border:none;
			cursor:pointer;
			display:block;
			margin:0;
			padding:0;
			text-indent:-9999px;
	-moz-user-select:text;
		}
	#form button.link:hover {
			background:url(http://www.onespiritinc.com/images/btn-submit.png) no-repeat left bottom;
									}
	#form h3{
			font:normal 24px Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif;
			margin:0 0 10px;
		}

#form h5 {
			color:#a90000;
			font:italic 12px Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif;
		}

#form p {
			color:#a90000;
			font:italic 11px Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif;
			margin:5px 0 0;
		}
	.note {
			color:#767676;
			font:normal 11px Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif;
			margin:15px auto 0;
			width:414px;
		}	

What else could it be? It's obviously accessing the right gallery as the images flash? }

kgstew

Try removing the overflow: hidden style from .hide and element.style and see if the images will appear. I ran into a similar problem with a feature slider and just needed to adjust the sizing of the images.

onespirit

Thanks for the reply Kyle, I removed

overflow: hidden style from .hide
no effect Where do you see
element.style
in the custom css? As an additional note I even removed the entire custom css to see if was that but it didn't make a difference. Hmm what else could it be?

cmunns

The nextgen plugin might be conflicting with another plugin that you have. Is there a way for you pull from a flickr feed instead that uses the same photos?

onespirit

Adam,

The nextgen plugin might be conflicting with another plugin that you have.
I've disabled all plugins to test this. Beside's if this were true then nextgen wouldn't even display the galleries on my articles page. Which it does. It's only the carousel page that has the problem.
Is there a way for you pull from a flickr feed instead that uses the same photos?
I chose next gen plugin because I want the photos linked to pages or posts on my site. It's my understanding this can't be done with flickr feed plugin. I don't want people going off my site to Flickr I appreciate everyone's posts so thanks all for that, the community here is excellent. I am disappointed however in page lines company support itself. I've paid way less for "web ware" and have gotten way better support. If your going to charge that kind of money for a "premium" template you gotta support it better than just a forum guys. I'm so glad I didn't sign up for the monthly fee on updates cause I'd really feel ripped off then. I mean to me this could have been fixed a week a go by someone from page lines itself. It's not rocket science. I even contacted them by email and no response. Beautiful templates but not if they don't deliver. This was test for me as I was considering buying other templates for future projects. I'll have to reconsider buying future page lines products. I hope i hear from support soon! Thanks again everyone. If I do find a solution I'll be sure to post for everyone.

cmunns

Joseph, Everybody here besides you is actually answering forum threads on PageLines behalf, so you actually are receiving company support. So there is a js error and it is being caused by a missing jquery easing plugin. I'm not sure if this is something that is supposed to be included with NextGen or not because I don't see it in their files. At any rate you can add the easing plugin code to the bottom of your carousel.js file http://gsgd.co.uk/sandbox/jquery/easing/ Let me know if you need further assistance I'd be happy to help

onespirit

Thanks Adam, I can't seem to find the carousel.js file. Where would I look?

cmunns

CORE - JS - carousel.jcarousel.js

onespirit

Hi Adam, for some reason I have carousel.jcarousellite.js instead of jcarousel.js does this matter? I added the easing plugin code to the bottom of my jcarousellite.js file but nothing changed. perhaps i did it wrong or i need jcarousel.js?