Sign in to follow this  
barroncuadro

simple, straightforward archives page. how?

barroncuadro

Hey folks, Can someone give me a straight-forward answer on how I can create a basic archives page, similar to your standard WordPress archives page? I feel like this should be a simple thing (with a built in template already) but it's impressively difficult to figure out. I just need steps, 1, 2, 3, etc. Aaaand go. (thanks)

cmunns

The straight forward answer is that you already have one e.g. if you are using "DAY AND NAME" permalinks you can just type in /2010 as your url ending and you get a page of archives in clip format. If you want to change the way these appear then you can edit the template.postloop.php file in the -Base theme using conditionals to change output such as ` if (is_archive()){ ...do this stuff... } ` If you want place them on a page then you can try to create a new WP_Query and create and style your own loop accordingly ...and use a hook to place it on that page.

barroncuadro

Hey Adam, didn't realize you answered this. Our permalink structure is simply using the postname, client doesn't want day and name type permalinks. What I need is example.com/archives to show a list of posts, just like a typical wordpress archive:

<div id="content" role="main">

<?php the_post(); ?>
			<h1 class="entry-title"><?php the_title(); ?></h1>

<?php get_search_form(); ?>

<h2>Archives by Month:</h2>

• <?php wp_get_archives('type=monthly'); ?>
<h2>Archives by Subject:</h2>
  • <?php wp_list_categories(); ?>
</div><!-- #content -->[/code]

http://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_an_Archive_Index How can I achieve this with PlatformPro?

catrina

First you'll need to create a default page called "Archives" so that you have a place to put the hook for the archive list. To get the loop started, you might want to look att his documentation first: http://codex.wordpress.org/The_Loop

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse