Sign in to follow this  
bobby_b

Hide Title in category listings in posts

bobby_b

Hi, What CSS code do I need to hid the title in post category listings. I know it is h.1 entry-title {display: none;} for full page posts. want to do the same for category listings. Many Thanks Tony

Kate

Hi Tony, You should just be able to add ".category", and don't specify h1. So, something like this should work:

.category .entry-title{display:none;}

bobby_b

Hi Kate, Thanks for the answer. I have tried this on three sites. All using platformPro. it worked on 1 of them but on the other two it does not have any effect. I am very confused. Do you have any idea what it could be?

bobby_b

I am currenty adding it in the Custom CSS area, should I be adding into the base CSS file?

Kate

Hi Tony, Did you check to ensure on the other sites that the classes match up? If you have links, we can take a look.

bobby_b

Hi Kate, Yes the site it is not working on is: www.electricdrums.org.uk The home page is easy to see the problem... Beacuse I want to use H1 tags for SEO purposes instead. On the other site which it is working on is: www.fragranceshop.org.uk This is just a mess around site, where I experiment with ideas, before I move it over to my other sites. You need to click on the blog nav bar to see the Titles hidden. The home page is just simple a page. Very gratefull for all your help. Tony

cmunns

`.category .fpost .post-title h2 {display:none;}`

bobby_b

Hi, Unfortunately the code: .category .fpost .post-title h2 {display:none;} Does not work. I created a new site today: http://www.arsenalshop.org.uk The most simple you can get. One post etc... The CSS is entred into the CSS Rules box, and is the only code in this box. So nothing else can interfear with it. I have also tried out.... .category .entry-title{display:none;} And this also does not work in this site. Any other ideas... Many Thanks for your help. Kind Regards Tony

bobby_b

Some debgug info to the post above. I have added the link at the bottom of the page: Arsenal shop. When you click that, the Titles are not displayed. (category: arsenal shop) When you go to the home page www.arsenalshop.org.uk it does not work correctly (the titles are displayed). If we can solve that problem I am sure we will be good. Many Thanks For all your help. Tony

kastelic

The reason its not working is because that's not a category page, its your home page. Try this instead:

.home .fpost .post-title h2 {
	display: none;
	}

bobby_b

Thanks for everybodies help. It all works now. Tony