Sign in to follow this  
gcmprior

Didn't use Base theme before, now want to update PlatformPro correctly

gcmprior

When I first uploaded PlatformPro (1.3.1) I didn't upload (or use, obviously) the Base (child) theme. Now I'd like to upload the current update (1.3.5), and start using the Base theme to prevent this situation in the future. Will there be complications? How should I do this without screwing up my site?

ricardo

Hi George! No, basically you just have to upload the base theme and activate it. As there's no difference between parent and child nothing will get screwed up or lost, unless you have already made changes to any of the files like base.css and functions.php. If you have, you need to replicate them in the same files in the base theme. Anyway, you can export your theme settings just to be on the safe side prior to the installation. Ricardo

gcmprior

I backed up the db, but not the theme settings. Now the site's a mess.

gcmprior

How does one export theme settings, anyway? Thanks for your help, btw.

ricardo

What happen? Can you post a link to it? Export: In the footer of PlatformPro > Settings page. Should be self-explanatory. Ricardo

gcmprior

Some of the content seems lost, and, for example, while my "home" page shows in the admin menu hierarchy, it doesn't actually appear on the page as a tab. My homepage is a post. But I don't know how to make it appear as a tab?

cmunns

So you didn't get the .dat file with the theme settings? That's okay you just may need to rehash some settings. Check your menus and reading settings for consistency