Sign in to follow this  
Michael_J

iBlogPro Forum integration

Michael_J

Hi. I purchased the iBlogPro Forum integration and have a question. Nobody is answering over at the bbPress user forum, so I thought I would post here: If I remember correctly, the iBlogPro Forum shares its database with the WP installation (using iBlog Pro theme). I now need to import my old forum data from my previous forum, which was phpBB. I have a script for that, but to do so I need to connect the bbPress forum to that database. Once I have done so, I will then have a bbPress forum with all of the imported data - nice! But - after that, how do I then re-integrate with the WP database?

cmunns

deep integration does involve sharing a database, but the tables in the database are unique to bbPress where applicable...so you'll need to import the info into the appropriate tables.

Michael_J

I'm not sure what you're saying, but let me describe my situation: I just imported my old SMF forum into a bbPress forum. You can see it here: http://leftcoastlogic.com/forum/bbpress I did not (yet) integrate it into WP. I was going to, but I do not appear to have admin access to the bbPress forum and when I try to use the KeyMaster that I created ("bbPMichael", which I created and was confirmed by an email from the installation) it says "User name does not exist." So now, I have no admin access and therefore cannot begin to integrate it with my WP install.. Incidentally, the WP install is at http://leftcoastlogic.com/blog

Michael_J

I've already read that thread. Unfortunately, that thread only applies to people who have lost usernames as a result of attempting to integrate with WP. I have not reached that stage yet. I am simply attempting to verify my bbPress installation before integrating with WP.

cmunns

Did you get to the step where you visit the location of your forum and configure the db?

Michael_J

Can't find it. It's basically a forum post with lots of different links. Any particular one you recommend? A specific link would be very helpful, considering I don't really know what I'm looking for.