Sign in to follow this  
remcobronsomanythoughtsnl

Platformpro dropdown navigation i/c with Lightbox

I'm having an IE8 and IE9 issue with the dropdown navigation of Platformpro in combination with the use of Lightbox used by the NextGenGallery plugin. The website can be seen here: http://www.bbart.nl In all browsers it works great, but in IE8 and IE9 the dropdown doesn't function correctly. I can solve this by disabling the Lightbox2 WP plugin I'm using but that way I can't use Lightbox. I've tried to activate other plugins as mentioned in this post but that didn't seem to solve my problem. It could be a jQuery vs. Prototype bug since IE8 gives several Javascript errors. Any ideas how I can solve this? Thanks, Remco

cshoffmann

Are you trying to solve the drop down menu problem I see that it is hiding behind your feature youtube video? If so, I don't think it has to do with the lightbox 2 plugin. You need to add: wmode="transparent" to the youtube embed source code. Here's the an explanation for more understanding: http://htmlpurifier.org/docs/enduser-youtube.html

@Shaun thanks for your reply. I wish it was that ;-) Nope, in IE8 the dropdown just doesn't function at all. I still think it's a jQuery vs. Prototype bug. Can anyone help? I'm sure I'm not the only one who uses lightbox on his page! - Remco

catrina

Have you checked the "Include Google IE Compatibility Script?" box in Settings > Misc. Settings?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse