Sign in to follow this  
miketartaglia

Problems with Breadcrumbs

miketartaglia

As soon as I enabled the breadcrumbs feature with Breadcrumb NavXT, I get redirect errors in browsers. the site is at miketartaglia.com scroll all the way down and click on 'Previous Entries'. Please let me know what you think I need to do. I do have the Permalinks plugin installed which was required when I setup word press 3.x.

miketartaglia

I installed and activated the plugin, but the page nagivation still doesn't work. Can you look at miketartaglia.com and tell me what you think. You have to wait about 10 seconds before it fails after you click.

timlinson
I do have the Permalinks plugin installed which was required when I setup word press 3.x.
I'm not sure I follow.. which plugin are you referring to?

cshoffmann

Contact me via email tomorrow or Skype and I am offering to provide a 30 minute support session. Basically, I need to see the settings panel for me to understand what is going on with your site. Some of the others may know the solution, but I need to actually take a look around for my skills to see what is wrong. My skype id is cshoffmann Let me know if you want the help and we can post what we find here later.

miketartaglia

Shaun, I added you to my contacts in Skype. We can go through this issue around 4-4:30 EST if you're available.

cshoffmann

Mike, From our conversation, we discovered you needed to update your Permalinks by going to WP-ADMIN>Settings>Permalinks I recommended you use the custom structure as: /%postname%/ and you saved it and whoola, the page navi now works on your site. So, the topic heading refers to breadcrumbs, but it was actually a permalinks topic. I will subscribe to your Podcasts and look forward to following your blog!