Sign in to follow this  
mathew_peet

Customizing Search Results Page [PlatformPro]

mathew_peet

Hello Everyone, I apologize for my lack of technical expertise up front, but I cannot for the life of me seem to find where I should edit the search results page? I currently running {for most of the site} a 3 column layout. However, for the search results page I would like a complete "full width" page without additional columns. Could somebody help me with this? [i am running 1.3.1] Many thanks, Matt

cmunns

RIght now you actually cannot apply a specific page layout to individual pages controlled by the "posts template" e.g. search, category, archive, etc. We are working on improving these meta options in coming versions though.

rholm

I also have the same situation, I have a two-sidebar right format on the posts pages and when I display a category page it shows one sidebar on each side... which I can't change the width or hide... Any way that the search/category pages can follow the same layout as the page settings?

rholm

Found the way to change this on the blogs/posts page using the 'full width' layout pulldown option.

ftmaustralia
Is there a way to have a search results page which shows more than one result per page? Is there a way to get search results similar to a google layout? all on the one page - eg., NAME OF PAGE www.url.org Brief exerpt NAME OF PAGE www.url.org Brief exerpt NAME OF PAGE www.url.org Brief exerpt The current search results are so useless I've turned off the search function. Given the website is over 250 pages and in high demand this search function has to be turned back on. If anyone has a useful workaround or plugin/s that create a useful solution, please let me know!

ftmaustralia
Currently using "Dave's WordPress Live Search" plugin as a temporary work around. Prefer to have the search results display on the the website as a page in much the same format/layout as Dave's search results plugin.