Sign in to follow this  
samisam

Missing H1 H2 Tags - Site Wide

samisam

Hey everyone, I've got a few issues i'd like some assistance on plz. here they are: 1- H1 tags are completely missing from the entire site. nothing is automatically tagged as H1 like page titles or anything to this sort! 2- my /feed page does not want to start regardless of what i do. i've installed fixes to the feed, changed page structures etc etc to no use. PLEASE help as i do rely on my RSS for SEO purposes 3- i've followed the video for changing the size of links in the footer and such but i'm having a small problem resizing my site links that i have pasted at the end of the page. could someone please assist me with this? the url is: http://bit.ly/OIbds

Kate

Hi sami, 1) Did you make any modifications to the header or template.postloop.php files? Also, what version of PP are you using? 2) The feed appears for me: http://www.shadyslimo.com/feed 3) Something like this should work:

.extended-page-widget-list{font-size:.8em !important;}

samisam

That fixed it! Thanks Kate! Now, In regards to my H1 tags. any idea? this is costing me alot on the SEO side. please help. Also, can you make a recommendation as to the bottom of the page with the links i've posted?

cmunns

I don't believe that pagetitles should be set as H1, but of course you can change the template.postloop file by copying into -Base and change the H2's there into H1's if you like. There are many threads about how to do this with the postloop file.

jficker

I think the problem is that there are simply no H1's on the pages. We are having this problem as well. On most wordpress sites that I've used the page title is set as the h1 automatically when you create a page. It's just missing in pagelines. Seems like having an h1 would be the default. I see you mention threads in the postloop file. Can you link to the solution from this post. I'm not clear on what you were referring to.

jficker

Ok after some digging i think I've solved the mystery of the missing h1s. if you go to platform pro settings and click on the Blogs and Posts section and then scroll down a ways you'll find a section on page titles. Check the box to "automatically show page titles" it worked for me. Thanks

nfp1900

I had someone comment from the WP forum that my site was missing these h1 tags. The design is entirely made up from template pages and has no blog posts. How do you get these h1 tags to show up?

cmunns

Nicholas did you read Jared's suggestion?

nfp1900

is that jficker? the new forum design no longer shows your full name. Yes, I ticked the box in the blog and post section of PP settings. Does this fix the issue?

Andrew

There is an option that will default to allowing h1 tags on pages... its disabled by default because often people would rather format pages using free-form writing instead of functionality like this.