Sign in to follow this  
gormanit

Platform options on custom post types

gormanit

Hello, I have seen this topic touched upon in other posts, but there was no clear answer. I have created a custom post type with the Ultimate Post Types plugin. When I go to create a new custom post, the two pagelines options are gone; Pagelines section control and Pagelines meta settings. I basically need to know how to apply these features to custom post types and give them the same functionality as default wp posts and pages. Thanks Jim

catrina
the two pagelines options are gone; Pagelines section control and Pagelines meta settings.
These settings are in the default post editor (where you add and edit a new post). They don't appear in the custom post types manager by default.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

gormanit

Catrina, I understand they are not a part of custom post types by default. I want to make them available to custom post types. That is my question.

kastelic

Hi, I'm not sure how to do this, I'll mark for developer attention.

cmunns

If you take a look for example at the section.boxes.php file you'll see the correct format for doing this when you create new sections. It's all built in to the section_persistent()... function.

scottsemple

I would like to do the same: apply existing Platform sections to a custom post type. However, the section_persistent function looks to be for creating a custom section? Similar to James, I have created a custom post type and would like to apply the existing PP sections to that post type in the editor. How is this possible?

cmunns

If you are looking to make a "sectionized" post type like boxes and features then you have to copy the format of those files. section_persistent basically creates all the necessary options and taxonomies...but of course the custom post type template area would go in the section_template function Look at the example for the section.pullquote.php inside of Base. If you don't need options or anything you could just copy that and throw in a custom loop there based on your custom post type registered through WP.

scottsemple

Alternatively, what's the best way to incorporate an additional single post template into Platform Pro? I'd like to create a new single-product.php template for a custom post type, but when I look at PP's single.php file, it's not obvious how to create a functional copy. (Note: the single-product.php template does not have to have section capabilities.)

cmunns

Honestly I think the best way is to use conditional statements in the main template.postloop.php...but we have a developer meeting next week and it might be worthwhile to separate out the template files so people can understand how to change them more easily...i'll bring it up.

pedromaia

Hi, I'm having the same issue as Jim. But, unfortunately, I couldn't understand how it can be done. Can someone give a more detailed explanation? Or a simple step by step?

cmunns

simple step by step is relative to your knowledge of PHP and WP conditional statements. Start a new thread describing what you are trying to do.

Sourena

As far as I know adding the PP features to the custom post types is on the developer's to-do list.

alefba.us

Web Development & Design for Right-to-Left languages

pedromaia

So, maybe I should wait for this. Thanks

Simon

It is in the dev version and will be tested before we release :)