Sign in to follow this  
andulka

Language files not working

andulka

Any idea why I'm not able to get any language files to work on a bilingual site in yhe Station Pro theme? None of the ones I create using poedit don't work, and 99%, if not a 100%, of the existing plugin language files do not work either? I don't know what else I could do but translate the file and place it in the plugin's language folder together with the other language files, but no luck. There must be something different with this theme that needs to be added, but what?

catrina

Have you already tried deactivating other plugins to see if one of them is causing the problem?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

timlinson

Just to clarify, you put the .mo file in the `wp-content/themes/stationpro3_dev/language` folder?

andulka

Tim, the main .mo files are in the folder you mention, I don't need to put the plugin language files there I suppose? Catrina, no, I haven't tried that yet but I suspect the problem might have something to do with the language switcher plugin qTranslate - however I'm afraid that one's needed, because if I deactivated, I won't be able to test if the language switch works or not (and the site needs to be blingual anyway, I haven't been able to find a satisfactory alternative for qTranslate). But I will do some testing to see if it's any of the other plugins.

timlinson

I noticed here that you've gotten qtranslate+stationpro working before. Did the translations just stop working recently? Was there a plugin update? theme update? something else changed?